- The Cleveland Clinic Explains 11 Distinctive Pee Colours For Your Convenience
- [STUDY] Women Burn Up to 3 Calories Per Minute During Sex
- Kind-Hearted Paul Walker Surprised Couple with an Engagement Ring
- People’s Choice Awards 2014 Nominees
- Healthy Snacks That Will Satisfy Your Sugar Cravings
- Paul Walker’s Dad Made Him Promise to Stop Doing ‘Daredevil Stuff’
- Nelson Mandela Loses His Battle Against Lung Infection at Age 95
- New Cafes to Try in the Klang Valley – Part 1
- [BOUTIQUE STALK] Boys Girls, Sungei Wang
- Nigella Lawson Took Cocaine to Escape Ex-Husband’s Abuse
- Paul Walker’s Autopsy Report Released; FF7 to Be ‘Shut Down’ Temporarily
- 8 Dating Faux Pas You Need to Stop Making
- [MUSIC REVIEW] Avicii’s Full-Length Album – True
- Japanese Artist Takashi Murakami Creates Magical Designs for shu uemura
- M’sian Winners of Asia New Star Model Contest to Head to Seoul, Korea in Jan 2014
- Mulberry Transforms Harrods into a Winter Wonderland
- FOR HER: Christmas 2013 Gift Suggestions
- Bukit Tabur Claims the Life of a Private School Teacher
Five Ways To Boost Your Mornings
Rise and shine, beautiful! We know how hard it can be to wake up in the morning and to greet the world with a good mood. But there’s a few ways to get past that without having to seek a cup of coffee. Here are five effective ways to help boost your mornings with positivity to face the world! Don’t forget to put a smile on your face.
1. Rise Easy
Instead of a startling alarm sound like your buzzer, pick out something more soothing and calm and let it run for about 15 minutes before your ideal wake-up time. The sound you hear will gradually wake you up, and you are bound to feel more awake than immediately waking up to a loud ring!
Two solid minutes is all you really need for your body to get out of its state of rest. Start by lifting your arms as if they were reaching for the sky, take a deep breath, feeling your lungs filling up with the fresh morning dew and stretch your spine upwards. Relax as you exhale. Continue three times, and then do 5 jumping jacks to get your blood pumping. Alternatively, it is also recommended to allocate some time to indulge in a little bit of Yoga to help promote some positivity in your mind.
3. Take A Whiff
While the fresh air can be soothing, refresh and de-stress by sniffing a fresh lemon instead. Researchers found a substance in lemons called linalool, which can help calm down the stress response in the mind. Lavender and fresh basil are also known to have scents that can lower stress.
4. Soundtrack to Your Life
If you feel that music is the one thing that can boost your mood, create a music playlist on your iPod with feel-good tracks that’s could make you want to dance while you’re in the shower or blow-drying your hair.
Before you start chowing down on those pancakes, have a short glass of warm lemon juice. The acidity in a glass of lemon juice is known to cleanse and flush out unwanted materials, which may be accumulated as you were sleeping. The lemon juice also enables the production of bile, an acid that is required for digestion. (Source)