The elusive lit-from-within glow is coveted for good reason – it’s not only natural and feminine, but also highlights youthfulness, which is something we all crave at some point in our lives. The awesome news is that there’s no need for you to be chugging down 100 litres of water a day to achieve the enviable glow as with the right steps and products, you’ll be well on your way there. Here are six steps to the glowiest skin of your life, with product recommendations too!
1. Nourish – Regardless of how much makeup you pile on, it’s never going to look good if your skin isn’t being treated right. Look out for ingredients in skincare such as Vitamin C, antioxidants and even mild exfoliants that would keep drab looking skin at bay.
This Works Light Time Cleanse & Glow (RM189) – This brightening Jojoba-rich daily cleansing balm is powered by water-activated Vitamin C and Vitamin E to recharge, cleanse, hydrate, brighten and nourish the skin while reducing effects of fatigue and restoring radiance.
Arcona Triad Pads (RM136) – Infused with the goodness of cranberry, rice milk, vitamins, phyto-nutrients and fatty acids, these convenient toner drenched cotton pads work to cleanse, tone and hydrate the skin, infusing it with antioxidants to leave it looking glowy and refreshed.
2. Hydrate – Ain’t no skincare regime is complete without a good dose of moisture and for that, we suggest water based moisturisers that are much lighter on the skin and won’t clog pores. It’s literally the secret to looking fresh and dewy, even sans makeup.
Philosophy Hope In A Jar (RM170) – The lightweight Hope In A Jar daily moisturizer has long been a cult favourite for its soft, whipped texture and high-performance efficacy in leaving the skin glowy and well hydrated. Meanwhile, its lactic acid content also gently exfoliates dead skin cells to reveal smoother, healthier looking skin.
Moonshot Skin Fuel Cream (RM154) – K-beauty is all about dewy skin that looks youthfully luminous, and you can count on this water based gel cream to give you the same effect. Containing British Harrogate sparkling water, it immediately cools the skin and leaves it supple, while offering intense hydration for up to 18 hours.
3. Prime – We’re all for matte, pore-filling primers from time to time, but it’s clear that illuminating primers are currently having a moment in the world of beauty. Not only will foundations adhere to these bad boys for mega long-lasting wear, the light the primers draw to the skin is surreal.
First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer (RM134) – Rich in protein-rich superfoods like Quinoa and Coconut Water, the oil-free primer and moisturizer smoothes out imperfections, repairs, quenches, fortifies and revitalises the skin while the light-reflecting micro-pearls offer an unmistakable glow.
Becca First Light Priming Filter (RM179) – Dull, lacklustre skin will be a thing of the past as this lilac coloured skin-awakening primer energises and refreshes the skin to leave the complexion looking brightened and awake. More than that, the primer leaves a gorgeous canvas for all-day makeup wear with a beautiful luminosity.
4. Blend – To allow all your prep work to show through, pick foundations or skin bases with sheerer formulas that are lightweight, and contain light reflecting particles, as opposed to those that offer full, complete coverage. The result would be a more natural, skin-like finish and hey, it’s aye okay to parade those alluring freckles.
Stila Aqua Glow Serum Foundation – This lightweight foundation formulated with glycerin, hyaluronic acid and water has a light to buildable coverage that photographs very well. More importantly, its hydrating formula feels comfortable on the skin and leaves a dewy finish, thanks to its multi-reflective pigments.
Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation – Expect a soft focus, lit from within glow from this foundation’s blend of lightweight oils and other ingredients such as radiant-pearl mica that work together to mimic the reflective gleam of just lit candles while pumping the skin with moisture. Wear it sheer, or build it up to a medium coverage.
5. Set – Now that you’ve got the groundwork down, make sure to lock everything in. With that said, be careful as certain mattifying powders and setting mists would simply conceal that healthy sheen on your skin and work against whatever you’ve worked hard for thus far.
Becca Soft Light Blurring Powder (RM199) – Unlike a matte flat powder, this micro-fine loose powder emulates the effects of a beauty filter for a luminous, multi-dimensional complexion through its ceramic microspheres that also blur the look of imperfections. While at it, it eliminates shine and sets makeup for a perfected, flattering finish.
Sephora Collection Beauty Amplifier Set and Refresh Spray (RM66) – Seal all your hard work in with a spritz of this makeup setting spray that also doubles up as an instant midday refresher if need be. The multitasking spray showcases a blend of makeup-setting polymers and nourishing ingredients to prime, lock in makeup and perk up the skin.
6. Highlight – Add on some highlighter on the highest points of your face, namely the top of your cheekbones, inner corners of the eyes, above and below your brow bones, down the centre of the nose, and above the cupid’s bow. You’ll be poppin’ in no time.
Stila Heaven’s Hue Highlighter – Stila’s Kitten is probably one of the most talked about shades in the history of beauty, and you bet its latest Heaven’s Hue Highlighter, especially in the shade Kitten, has got us stoked. Infused with ultra-fine, light-diffusing particles, this highlighter has a unique bouncy-to-the-touch texture that melts into the skin.
Tarte tarteist PRO Highlight & Contour Palette (RM240) – This complete palette comes with six highly pigmented powder and cream shades and of them all, four are stunning highlighters that will complement any look in your books, whether you desire a show-stopping pop of glow, or a more subtle, natural looking accent.
All aforementioned products are available for purchase at all Sephora stores throughout Malaysia.