I love to eat but I’ve never cooked before until today. Some people say go for something simple when you first learn to cook but I took a challenging yet delicious recipe to start with. I got a little ambitious and chose Spaghetti with Chicken Meatballs recipe from cooksrecipes. My first cooked meal I planned to serve for my fiancé.
Not knowing how the recipe works and how much ingredients is needed I seek my friend Bavani for help. We went grocery shopping together, going over the recipe and purchasing what’s needed.
When I decided to cook I assumed I could purchase ready-made bottled spaghetti sauce and Ayamas chicken meatballs. My friend Bavani advised that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
So she advised me to do everything from scratch. Being in the kitchen for the first time, I was afraid it’ll be a bit too much for me but luckily she chose an easy recipe and guided me on how to prepare my ingredients.
1.I started by cleaning the boneless chicken breast pieces with salt and lemon just before mincing it.
2. Mixed in an egg, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, minced garlic, oregano and a pinch salt. I (and) knead the mixture together until evenly combined.
3. Divided the mixture in half, break apart and shape in into 1 inch balls.
4. I prepare a large non-stick Pan and pour warm olive oil and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Place the meatballs in the pan up to eight at a time and cook until all sides are brown then remove it.
6. After that, reduce the heat on the stove to medium-low and add onion and sauté until tender.
7. Stir in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes and simmer mixture for 10 minutes then gently add all meatballs to sauce, sprinkle a pinch of salt and add ground black pepper.
8. While the sauce is cooking, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions.
9. Lastly, when the sauce and spaghetti was cooked, I divided the spaghetti among 5 large shallow bowls and top it up with meatballs and sauce. My family and my fiancé enjoyed the spaghetti chicken meatballs.
This method makes 4 to 6 serving. I can’t wait to cook this again. So try it … you and your family will enjoy it!