Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to have an animal or object as your life partner? Well, to us at least, a legislation of marriage has to be between two consenting human beings who are alive and are able to acknowledge the marriage. However, it’s not the case for many oddballs in the world as there have been cases of marriages between people and non-consenting beings. Bizarre or romantic? Judge for yourself as we share with you the top 10 most bizarre marriages where only one partner said, “I Do.”
1. A dog – An African woman, Emily Mabou of Aburi, Ghana, has married her 18-month old dog because she said that it has the same qualities as her late father. Her ceremony was attended by a priest and some local villagers.
2. A pillow – Lee Jin-gyu fell for his ‘Dakimakura’, which is a large, hug-able pillow from Japan, often with a picture of a anime character printed on it. Lee then married his pillow, which has an image of Fate Testarossa, from the anime series Mahou Shouja Lyrical Nanoha in a special ceremony after fitting it out with a wedding gown for the service who was officiated by a priest.
3. A dolphin – After having met Cindy, the dolphin, 15 years ago, Sharon Tendler said it was love at first sight and she was the first person in the world to marry a dolphin. Dressed in a white dress, a veil and pink flowers in her hair, 41-year old Tendler had a modest ceremony whereby she got down on one knee on the dock and gave Cindy a kiss. They even had a prenuptial agreement!
4. A video game – A man and otaku named Sal9000 (his online handle), married the love of his life, Nene Anegasaki, an anime character from the game Love Plus. The wedding took place at the Tokyo Institute of Technology and those who attended the ceremony included a live audience, an emcee and a real priest.
5. A dead girlfriend – In 2012, A Thai man, Chadil Deffy married his long time girlfriend Anne Kamsook, who was already deceased. Before the couple had a chance to set a date for their wedding, Kamsook passed away in a car accident. He also kissed her forehead and slipped a wedding ring on her finger during the ceremony which took place in Surin, Thailand.
6. The Eiffel Tower – 37-year old Erika La Tour Eiffel was once infatuated with a bow and the Berlin Wall, but it is the Eiffel Tower that she has pledged her love and honour to. In an intimate ceremony attended by a group of friends, she married the Eiffel Tower and has even changed her name legally to reflect the bond she had made.
7. A cobra – 30-year old Bimbala Das who claimed to have fallen in love with her snake got married to the reptile in Hubaneswar. The ceremony was performed as per Hindu rituals by some priests and had 2,000 guests taking out a procession to celebrate the event.
8. A doll – Davecat (his online handle) bought his now wife 13 years ago from the Abyss Creations website and saved for a year and a half to buy a $6000 doll, who he then named Sidore Kuroneko. Believe it or not, he also selected her facial type, body type, eye colour, makeup, skin tone and bust size. In December 2012, he purchased a second doll and named it Elena, who he claims is his mistress and a friend to Sidore.
9. A cat – When his 15-year old cat Cecilia fell ill and told Uwe Mitzscherlich that his cat did not have long to live, he decided to formalize his relationship with his cat. An actress was hired to officiate the wedding and Cecilia wore a white dress for the occasion.
10. A truck – Maria Griffin married her truck on Valentine’s Day after she claimed that she was unable to feel aroused by living men. Apparently, their sex life is amazing, which keeps us wondering just exactly how do they do it.
Related ArticlesRelated Articles
LIPSTIQ participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
© 2020 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.