Ever wanted to wear a classic and elegant bold red lippie? It’s easy if you know how to do it the right way. Just keep the rest of your makeup light and fresh, then you’ll be good to go! Here are our tips on how to wear the perfect bold red lip:
1. Wear nude or earthy tones on the eyes – When you’ve got a ton going on at the lips, skip the colourful eyeshadow and go for nude or smokey eyes. You want to draw all the attention to your lips, so keep the eyes looking simple. Better yet, skip the eyeshadow and line your eyes with a matte black eyeliner instead. Don’t forget to tight line your eyes!
2. Sport a perfect brow – When you’re wearing such a heavy lip, it’s best to balance out the look by applying make up on the top half of the face as well. To shape and define your entire face, make sure that your brows are perfectly filled in. Whether your brows are thin or a little thicker, fill in all the sparse areas and draw a brow tail if you have to.
3. Apply with a lip brush – Applying the lipstick straight from the tube can make the lines look harsh and the lip colour a little too overwhelming. Use a lip brush to get better precision when applying the lipstick and that way, the colour will blend in more evenly too.
4. Use a lip liner – Do not ever use a lip liner that is of a lighter shade than your lipstick because chances are, it will be and that will make your lips look two-toned. When you’ve got a lip liner that’s of the exact or similar shade to your lipstick, then draw around your lips to define its shape. After that, fill it in and apply your red lipstick over it.
5. Use a bronzer and highlighter – To look really classic, skip the blusher and apply some highlighter on the top of your cheekbones, bridge of the nose, on the cupid’s bow and the middle of your forehead to lift up and brighten those areas. Then, dust some bronzer on the hollows of your cheeks and along your jawline to define your face shape.
6. Apply a little concealer around the lips – To avoid your lipstick from bleeding outside the definite shape of your lips, use a small brush dipped into some concealer and outline the shape of your lips. This will help to make your lip colour look neater and more intense.
7. Avoid getting lipstick on your teeth – Bold red puckers are sultry and sexy but when lipstick stains are seen on your pearly whites, it’s not pretty at all. After applying your lipstick, insert your index finger into your mouth and pout your lips. Then, pull out your finger to remove any excess lipstick that could get on your teeth.
If you’re looking for a red lippie, here are a few products that we recommend:
1. Urban Decay – Revolution Lipstick in F-Bomb, 2. Sephora Collection – Rouge Cream Lipstick in The Red 04, 3. Too Faced – Lip Injection Colour Bomb in Eastwood Red, 4. Givenchy – Le Rouge 306 Carmin Escarpin
Related ArticlesRelated Articles
LIPSTIQ participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
© 2020 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.