Our teeth naturally stain as we grow older. Smiling, which actually makes us feel good, can also make us more self-conscious, especially if your teeth are yellow or stained. It’s completely up to us to invest our time, resources and effort into taking good care of our teeth, but trust us, it’s well worth it. Whiter teeth would naturally boost your confidence and make you look younger instantly. So, what are you waiting for? Here are some ways you can get brighter and whiter smiles!
1. Use straws – No matter what you’re drinking, always use a straw to prevent the liquid from staining your teeth. For instance, coffee is usually the number one killer and it can easily make your teeth more yellow.
2. Activated charcoal – Activated charcoal whitens teeth and removes plaque all at the same time. Known as one of the most powerful teeth whitening solution, the results can be very powerful. All you have to do is squeeze some toothpaste onto your toothbrush, dip it in the activated charcoal powder and brush regularly. Then, before rinsing out, leave the mixture on your teeth for about three to five minutes to let it work its magic.
3. Baking soda – We’re pretty sure you’ve heard this trick before. The chemical reaction between the baking soda and your teeth whitens stains slowly but effectively. After squeezing some toothpaste on your toothbrush, just dip it in some baking soda and brush as you normally would. Only do this once a week though, as you do not want to damage your teeth!
4. Apple cider vinegar – It is proven that apple cider vinegar removes stubborn stains from teeth, but you must be consistent with it and the results would come a little later. Dip your toothbrush in a little apple cider vinegar and brush your teeth like normal. Remember to gargle and rinse out thoroughly after you’re done.
5. Eat high-cellulose foods – If you love your fruits and vegetables, good on you! Foods that are high in cellulose such as celery, apples, and carrots act as natural abrasives to cleanse and remove surface stains from teeth naturally. On the other hand, greens such as broccoli, spinach and lettuce contain mineral compounds that form a protective film over your teeth to prevent pigments of other foods from staining.
6. Go to a pro – Whitening agents dentists use are way more powerful than at-home versions, so you’ll see quicker results. However, these treatments can be very pricey. A power whitening treatment can cost you more than RM200 and that’s not very ideal if you’re not earning that kind of money.
7. Whitening trays or strips – Usually containing peroxide, these at-home kits you find at the drugstore are completely safe to be used and they dissolve stains to whiten teeth. Just make sure that you follow the instructions that come with the packaging strictly to avoid leaving these treatments on your teeth for way too long or worse still, damaging your own teeth.
8. Lemon or orange peel – Cleansing your teeth with lemon juice may be too harsh for your teeth as it wears down enamel. Instead, rub the peel of the lemon, or of an orange, on your teeth for a whitening effect. Always remember to rinse off after!
9. Coconut oil pulling – Some people believe that coconut oil acts as a natural teeth whitener, especially when the oil pulling method is used. It sounds a little gross, but swish a spoonful of coconut oil between your teeth for about five to 20 minutes, then brush as you normally would with your toothpaste. This is also great for your gums because of its antimicrobial properties the oil contains.
10. Avoid foods with lots of acid – Highly acidic foods may wear off the enamel on your teeth in time. This may cause damage to your teeth and make them look more yellow, so watch what you eat!
Related ArticlesRelated Articles
LIPSTIQ participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
© 2020 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.