Often times when we go on vacation, we pack whatever we think we may need and end up lugging along extra weight. As females, this is probably worse for us compared to our male counterparts as we usually carry tons of skincare and makeup on holiday. Hence, we’re helping you narrow it all down so that your makeup bag can be nice and compact. We won’t deny it, it’s definitely difficult to choose between products, but these are our must-haves for travel!
1. Facial makeup remover wipes – Liquids can get very messy and with facial makeup remover wipes, it’s going to be fuss-free and super convenient to whip out whenever you need any. After a long day of scouring the streets of a foreign land, use one wipe to remove your makeup, grime and dirt before proceeding with the rest of your skincare.
2. Sunscreen – This is probably one of the most important products you should have while travelling because you don’t want to burn your skin under the scorching sun and allow for any premature ageing to occur. Choose a water-based sunscreen that’s made for the face and body, and ensure that it’s suitable to wear under makeup.
3. Lip, cheek and eye colour – Most beauty labels have come up with multi-purpose stains or cream-based products that can be used on the lips, cheeks and eyes. This would save you plenty of space in your makeup bag and spare you tons of time when applying your makeup.
4. Tinted moisturiser or BB cream – When you’re on a relaxing vacation, skip the foundation and go for a tinted moisturiser or BB cream instead. It’s more lightweight and comfortable to wear for longer hours, has SPF in it, and yet it still gives you the coverage you need to conceal imperfections.
5. Head-to-toe balm – This isn’t just your regular lip balm, this is a multi-purpose saviour that can be used on your lips, dry or peeling skin, burns, cuts and on the cuticles, among many other uses. There’s no doubt about its healing and moisturising powers, so it’s always handy to have.
6. Brown eyeliner – We suggest carrying a waterproof brown coloured eyeliner so that you can use it to fill in your brows and line your eyes all at one go. If you want a smokey eye look for the evenings, you can also complete it with the eyeliner alone by smudging it with your fingers before it sets.
7. Cleanser – Instead of your regular facial cleanser, bring along a mild and gentle cleanser for your vacation. The reason for this is that your skin may not be used to the weather elsewhere and using your regular cleanser may further aggravate your skin, possibly causing redness, inflammation, dry skin, acne or worse. Hence, use a gentle cleanser that would soothe your skin, no matter how sensitive it may be.
8. Mascara – Even if you’re too lazy to put on eyeliner, you should never skip mascara as it would make your eyes look brighter, more awake and give them that extra oomph. Make sure you choose a long-wearing, waterproof and curl-holding mascara so that it’d stay on your lashes the entire day and not end up under your eyes.
9. Facial mist – Whenever you’re on a long flight or your skin just needs to be revived, a facial mist is your go-to product. Besides hydrating the skin, the facial mist will also build a barrier on your skin, protecting it from the environment especially if you’re not used to the weather or climate.
10. Moisturiser – Your skin will need this to stay hydrated and protected during your vacation.Your skin should be the least of your worries when you’re on a holiday and you really do not want it to act up, which can be the case if it’s missing its moisturiser. Instead of bringing along the entire jar or bottle, transfer a small amount into a travel-friendly container.
LIPSTIQ participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
© 2020 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.