Regular water is boring, but fruit-infused water is refreshing, yummy and healthy! If you always forget to rehydrate yourself with H2O midday, this is a great way to encourage yourself to snap out of it. We cannot stress how important it is to stay hydrated at all times to keep your body functioning well and maintain an all-round healthy complexion as well as high energy levels.
We personally love how the fruit flavours lightly infuse into the water, giving it a zesty taste without all the sugar. Depending on the different fruits you like, your fruit-infused water can provide you with a variety of health benefits and this beats drinking carbonated beverages any time! The possibilities are endless. Some fruits (and vegetables!) we like putting into our water are watermelon, blueberries, lemon, cucumber, lime, kiwi and ginger. To spice things up a little, herbs like basil, cilantro, rosemary, thyme, cinnamon, mint and sage work very well. To bring out the flavours even quicker, use a fork to poke at your fruit.
Here are five different fruit-infused water recipes you can try! Have fun and go crazy:
1. Lemon and mint – In a pestle and mortar, crush some mint leaves to release the flavours, then transfer into a large jug. Fill it with ice halfway through, then fill the entire jug up with water. Slice up a whole lemon and add the slices into the water. Let it sit for about 15 minutes before serving.
2. Pineapple, cucumber, rosemary and mint – Cut into pieces one cup of pineapple and slice up a quarter length of a cucumber. Crush some mint leaves and rosemary in a pestle and mortar to release the flavours of the herbs, then add the pineapple, cucumber and herbs into a large jug. Add ice and fill up the jug with water.
3. Strawberry, lime and cucumber – Halve about six strawberries and slice up one whole lime as well as half a cucumber. Add all this into a large jug with ice, then fill it up with water. Let it sit for about half an hour before serving.
4. Watermelon and basil – You know the drill – crush up some basil in a pestle and mortar, then transfer it into a large jar. Chop up a cup of watermelon, then add it into the jar along with ice and water. Wait 15 minutes before serving.
5. Apple and cinnamon – Mmhmm, who doesn’t love an apple and cinnamon combo? Slice up a whole apple and transfer the fruit into a jar. Fill it with ice and water, then add in two cinnamon sticks for a strong burst of flavour.
LIPSTIQ participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
© 2020 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.