The 71st annual Golden Globes was held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California and it was filled with tons of A-list celebrities, laughter, tears and designer fashion. There were some highs and lows during the red carpet event and we have to say, we had high hopes for some of our favourite celebs. Unfortunately, they’ve disappointed us with their choice of designer gowns for the glamorous event. Here are our top 10 picks for the best and worst dressed celebs at the 2014 Golden Globes this year.
BEST DRESSED CELEBS
1. Emma Roberts – At her young age, Emma really knows how to work the red carpet! This black Lanvin gown looks stunning on the 22-year-old actress.
2. Giuliana Rancic – If we had to pick a winner, it’d be Giuliana, without a doubt. This Lorena Sarbu gown is just to-die-for!
3. Emma Watson – Emma is always one to take fashion risks and we absolutely love her tangerine Dior dress with skinny black pants underneath it! It looks stunning from the front AND back.
4. Taylor Swift – Can Taylor Swift ever go wrong with her outfits? As classy as she always has been, this cherry red Carolina Herrera gown looks perfect on her.
5. Sofia Vergara – Doesn’t this Zac Posen dress look fabulous on the Columbian beauty?
6. Olivia Wilde – We love how she showed off her baby bump in this emerald Gucci gown!
7. Michelle Dockery – Love, love love! We think that anyone would feel like a princess in this gorgeous gold shimmery Oscar de la Renta gown.
8. Lupita Nyong’o – How gorgeous is this Ralph Lauren cape dress? Not to mention, it goes fantastic with her skin tone too!
9. Kate Beckinsale – Her gorgeous metallic J. Mendel gown hugs all the right curves on her body. Want!
10. Amy Adams – We like the two-toned burgundy red on Amy’s Valentino dress and we love how flowy it is! The only thing we didn’t like was the poorly structured plunging neckline.
WORST DRESSED CELEBS
1. Jennifer Lawrence – Sorry J. Law, this time, your chiffon Dior gown really didn’t do you any good.
2. Heidi Klum – This Marchesa gown made Heidi look at least 10 years older. Yikes!
3. Kaley Cuoco – Sorry Kaley, we really loved pink wedding gown but this floral Rani Zakhem dress makes you look dull and drab.
4. Melissa McCarthy – Really? A full-on black dress with some kind of scarf detailing? We really don’t get it.
5. Sandra Bullock – The Gravity star wore a Prabal Gurung gown to the event and we think that the dress looks nothing but cheap.
6. Julia Roberts – Julia is a pretty woman but this Dolce & Gabbana ensemble just doesn’t do it for her. It would’ve probably looked a hundred times better if she wore the strapless gown without the long-sleeved top.
7. Julie Bowen – Those shoulder pads are just unacceptable, especially when it’s velvet. We know you could’ve done much better, Julie.
8. Lena Dunham – We really don’t think her yellow Zac Posen dress complements her skin colour. By the way, what is up with that pose?
9. Drew Barrymore – We know you’re preggers, but this Monique Lhullier gown is a little too cutesy for you.
10. Zoe Saldana – This Prabal Gurung dress is just way too much … on every level.