Photo: Julia Ismail
Photo: Julia Ismail

A 14-year-old schoolgirl who went out to see a female friend has been gang-raped by more than 30 men at an empty house in Ketereh, Kelantan.

Police said the friend had asked the Form 2 student to pick her up in Ketereh. The girl then contacted a male friend for transport to Ketereh from Kuala Krai, where she is from.

After picking up the victim’s friend in Ketereh, the male friend brought both girls to an empty house in Ketereh to take a break. Before they could leave, they were stopped by a man and at least 40 men entered the wooden house, took both girls into rooms and took turns to rape the victim.

The victim, who fainted after being raped, woke up the next day with intense pain on her private parts.

The girl suffered bleeding and was sent to the Kuala Krai hospital for treatment.

Cops suspect that the girl who was gang-raped could have also been sodomised.

District OCPD Asst Comm of Police Azham Othman said police would be scrutinising the medical report to facilitate investigation.

“We are expected to wrap up the case in due time as the suspects between the ages of 20 and 30 came from the same kampung.

“We also cannot exclude the possibility that the teenager was also sodomised,

“And police have reasons to believe that almost all the suspects were high on drugs when they allegedly committed the crime,” ACP Azham told reporters.

He also confirmed that many suspects have been remanded in connection with the case.

The 17-year-old girl who was with the victim during the incident was also remanded and was questioned over why she did not lodge a police report regarding the occurrence.

District OCPD Asst Comm Azham Othman also said the police were alarmed by the fact that the crime scene was a drug haunt where some 30 men high on drugs allegedly took turns to rape the defenceless girl.

“It is very disturbing to me that no one in the kampung was even suspicious when the ­closest neighbour was a mere 20m away.

“This incident could have been avoided if people in the area had reported to us that the wooden house was a drug haunt in the first place… We could have taken action to address the problem,” ACP Azham added.

A resident who lived nearby, Rogayah Abdullah, 57, said they had repeatedly asked the owner of the house, which had been left unlocked and unoccupied for the past five years, to demolish it since it had become a haunt for youngsters.

She said the people who entered the wooden house – up to 20 at any time – were a nuisance to the locals.

“They would rev their motorcycle engines during weekends and were always noisy until the wee hours of the morning.

“I was unaware of the alleged rape case until policemen showed up there. On the day of the incident, I only arrived home from my restaurant nearby at 11pm,” she recalled.

Rogayah also claimed that the owner ­resided just 20m away.

More to come.

[Source 1, 2, 3, 4]

Carmen Chong
YouTube-obsessed and a beauty junkie at heart. Find her on Instagram: @carthemen