I’m probably the last to know but were you aware that there are so many benefits to coconut oil? I got my very first bottle (a big one too) of coconut oil the other day and just discovered the many things you can do with it. Seriously, this stuff is incredible!
Here are some of the many uses of coconut oil:
1. Great for baking and stir-frying stuff when you’re cooking.
2. You can make a coconut oil latte by blending it with hot coffee.
3. It’s a natural sunscreen with SPF 4. Not only will you be protected from harmful UV rays but you will also smell amazing!
4. Moisturise your skin with coconut oil if you want an all-natural lotion.
5. It’s a good substitute for butter. So, anytime you have run out of butter and need some when cooking, just use coconut oil.
6. It’s a great oil to use to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
7. Some research has shown that by regularly taking coconut oil, you can decrease the chances of getting Alzheimer’s.
8. Ingesting coconut oil can also help with your cholesterol ratios.
9. It’s seriously one of the best makeup removers I have ever used. I have sworn off other makeup removers and just use coconut oil instead.
10. Use a pea-sized amount of coconut oil to tame frizzy hair.
11. If you have split ends, apply a moderate amount on the affected area before bed and let it work it’s magic.
12. Coconut oil can help treat eczema.
13. Put a teaspoon of coconut oil into your hot cup of tea to treat pesky colds.
14. Don’t know which shaving cream to get for your man? Get him a bottle of coconut oil. You can even use it on yourself as a shaving lotion.
15. Treat annoying mosquito bites by dabbing some coconut oil on them.
16. The perfect natural lubricant for anything that needs… lubricating.
17. Moisturise your hands after doing the dishes with some coconut oil to avoid getting sandpaper skin.
18. The best kind of anti-ageing moisturiser you could use for your face.
19. Apply on your fingernails to keep cuticles pretty and to help your nails grow.
20. Use it as a leave-in conditioner but be careful not to apply too much!