When you’re meeting up and hanging out with your loved ones during Raya, it’s important for you to look your best and feel good while being comfortable in your own skin. For that reason, we’ve compiled a list of some beauty essentials that would fit perfect in your beauty stash for when you balik kampung. Check them out below:
1. Benefit Gimme Brow – The little fibres in this tinted brow gel makes the eyebrow hairs look way fuller and it keeps the hairs in place all day long so you don’t have to worry about wonky looking eyebrows.
2. Maybelline 24HR Color Tatt00 – As its name suggests, Maybelline’s cream gel eyeshadow is super long lasting and its metallic finish looks different in various lighting. Hence, it’d look like you did more crease work when you actually didn’t.
3. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream – When you’re feasting during Raya, the last thing you should be worrying about is your lip colour fading off in an unsightly way. It takes A LOT for these lippies to budge, and there is a huge array of colours for you to choose from.
4. Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara – Don’t risk looking like a raccoon when your mascara transfers or flakes while you’re bonding with loved ones this Raya. This mascara is completely waterproof and it’s extra black, making your lashes look thicker.
5. Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm – Most powder blushes tend to fade off as the day goes by, especially when it’s warm outside. Give yourself a healthy glow with Clinique’s Chubby Stick for cheeks. It’s foolproof and offers long-lasting colour!
6. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 Oil Free – Instead of a foundation, try a tinted moisturiser instead! It is lightweight and comfortable to wear throughout the day, and it still provides you with the coverage you need.
1. Josie Maran Argan Oil – Some use this extra nourishing argan oil as a face moisturiser to quench dehydrated skin while others use it as a hydrating body oil. We love smoothing some on our mane to keep the hair soft, frizz-free and looking sleek.
2. Oscar Blandi Braid Paste – If you’re attempting some sort of elaborate braid or updo for Raya, use a little bit of this styling cream for extra grip and hold. This texturising cream makes sure your hair stays put, no matter what style you’re trying.
3. Percy & Reed Reassuringly Firm Sessions Hold Hairspray – This humidity resistant hairspray keeps the hair in place without making the hair feel uncomfortable and crisp. We love using a little of this hairspray to tame flyaways and baby hairs.
4. Batiste Dry Shampoo – Many dry shampoos don’t work for us, but this one by Batiste definitely does. Refresh your roots in between washes to get rid of grease or use it to add extra volume to your hair. Get yours from Jaya Grocer!
1. L’OCCITANE Almond Shower Oil – This shower oil smells heavenly and will leave your skin feeling extremely pampered. Unlike lotions, this shower oil intensely hydrates the skin without the greasiness so you’ll feel comfortable even when it’s hot.
2. Sun Play Skin Aqua Sarafit UV SPF50+ PA++++ Mist – Save yourself the hassle of applying sunscreen lotions and switch to sunscreen mists instead! It’s easy to use, convenient to spray on and you’ll be able to get the hard to reach areas, like your back, without help.
3. Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub – This sugar scrub smells good enough to eat and it deeply nourishes the skin while sloughing off dead skin cells. Just in case you’d like to flaunt a modest amount of skin this Raya, this scrub is your saviour.
4. Diptyque Florabellio Fragrance – This luxurious fragrance smells different according to various body temperatures, and we’re loving the concoction of ocean salt, sea fennel, apple blossom, apricot-scented osmanthus mist, roasted coffee and toasted sesame.