Photo: Cosmopolitan
Photo: Cosmopolitan

By now you should know that eyes are one of the most sensitive parts of the body and believe it or not, it only took a tiny speck of craft glitter to cause this lady to lose one of her eyes. Her terrifying experience is a lesson for all of us to not take this sort of matter lightly.

Erica Diaz was working on a craft project with her daughter and later cleaned up the mess when a small speck of glitter somehow got in her eye. That foreign object cut her cornea and created an infection that caused Diaz to lose complete sight of her eye.

Photo: Cosmopolitan
Photo: Cosmopolitan

Since the incident, Diaz has undergone two cornea transplants (that went wrong), injections, drops, and antibiotics. All of those procedures put Diaz at rick of a serious blood poisoning called sepsis, giving doctors no choice but to remove her eye completely and now has a prosthetic eye in its place.

“There was a chance that a f*cking piece of glitter in my eye could actually kill me, I beg you, PLEASE wear eye protection when dealing with glitter.” she wrote on  Imgur.

The strong chemicals in her treatments had side effects that caused Diaz to lose her hair, eyebrows, and lashes.

Diaz is now battling with her medical insurance company as they claimed that having her eye removed was a “cosmetic preference” and not a medical necessity.

A friend of hers created a GoFundMe page for the medical bills, which has raised nearly $5,000.

Although nothing can stop her from taking things in a positive manner. She jokes about her spot-on Fetty Wap impression below:

Photo: Cosmopolitan
Photo: Cosmopolitan

Be careful with glitter now!

[Source]