From time to time we are fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to put the latest beauty products to the test and share with you our thoughts. From skincare and haircare to makeup, here are 10 exciting beauty picks we ought you should give a shot:
1. First Aid Beauty Facial Intensive Radiance Peel (RM260) – Containing alpha hydroxy acids, this face peel resurfaces, smoothens and brightens the skin. Lactic acid, salicylic acid and actizyme work with clay and active charcoal to deliver dramatic results with one use. You’ll notice a big difference in the way your skin looks and how your makeup applies after.
2. Cover FX Enhance Click in Bubbly (RM95) – This neat little illuminator comes in six shades to cater a wider variety of skin tones and is perfect to travel with as it comes in a convenient twist-up stick. The formula itself provides a gorgeous sheen on the skin without noticeable glitter chunks and blends very well with just the fingers alone.
3. Nudestix Intense Matte Lip & Cheek Pencil (RM92) – Packed in a eco-friendly collectible tin with a mirror and sharpener like all other offerings from Nudestix, the Intense Matte Lip & Cheek Pencil has fast become our go-to matte lippie for its non-drying, highly pigmented and long wearing formula. As a blush, it offers a pretty, naturally flushed finish.
4. Percy & Reed Wonder Overnight Recovery (RM110) – This overnight mask promises to revive dull hair and give it the ‘oomph’ it lacks. Upon massaging the cream into the hair, it disappears and doesn’t leave any grease stains on the pillows. The next morning, the hair will feel unbelievably soft, tangle-free and rejuvenated. It also smells wonderful!
5. 3CE Back to Baby Pore Velvet Primer (RM56) – This primer from 3CE will be a lifesaver for those with enlarged and visible pores. It has a velvety smooth texture that glides over the pores to conceal them, revealing a smooth and even canvas for our foundation to lay on top of. It also controls the secretion of oil on the skin and that’s always a plus.
6. Alpha-H Gentle Daily Exfoliant (RM217) – This exfoliant, which contains key ingredients like papaya, clay and pineapple, comes in the form of an odourless powder and activates upon contact with water. It does an amazing job at removing the dead skin cells to reveal brighter, softer skin, and yet it’s gentle enough for daily use, even on sensitive skin.
7. June Jacobs Anti-Ageing Blemish Control Foam Cleanser (RM209) – We love using this purifying foam cleanser in the morning as it heals and detoxifies the skin while keeping breakouts and premature ageing at bay. Several key ingredients in this cleanser include salicylic acid, turmeric extract, tea tree oil, and blue daisy extract.
8. Becca Jaclyn Hill Collection Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Champagne Pop (RM195) – We love mixing a little pump of this liquid illuminator into our foundation for a glowy, luminous finish on the skin. For an extra pop of highlight on the tops of the cheekbones, here’s a little trick – Blend the illuminator into the skin before setting it with a powder highlight.
9. Estelle & Thild Fresh Water Lily Body Scrub (RM117) – Made of 99.9% natural ingredients, this organic body polish gives off a calming and rejuvenating scent while buffing away dead cells to reveal baby smooth skin. Certain body scrubs we’ve tried in the past contain granules that dissolve too quickly, so we really appreciate the grittiness of this body polish.
10. Ouai Treatment Masque (RM62, 3-pack) – This intensive moisturising treatment does wonders for our hair as it revives damaged hair and repairs the strands by sealing the cuticles, increasing its resistance to future damage and protecting hair colour. However, one pack per use wouldn’t suffice if you’ve got medium to longer hair.
The products listed above can be found at Sephora stores throughout Malaysia or online.
** this article was put together by Carmen Chong and Gowri Krishnan
Related ArticlesRelated Articles
LIPSTIQ participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
© 2020 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.