From the emergence of gender-fluid and androgynous models landing huge campaigns and walking runways to breathtaking drag makeup transformations, beauty is no longer only exclusive to females. Just from YouTube and Instagram alone, we can clearly see that there’s been a large shift in the industry and many men have been ascending in online-beauty fame, essentially taking over makeup.
It’s anything BUT drag though; these men have gained legions of fans from around the world as they beautifully layer on makeup while slaying in their eyeshadow blending techniques and carefully laying down their bangin’ highlight on all the right areas on the face. Let’s just say we’ve got a whole lot to learn from these powerful men, and here are 5 of them we absolutely love.
1. Jeffree Star – Ever heard of Velour Liquid Lipsticks? Those amazing lippies that are selling like hotcakes are products by Jeffree Star, who first garnered international MySpace fame before building his own beauty empire that’s now a cult-worthy cosmetics line. To us, he’s THE ultimate diva and with his success as well as expertise, he has every right to be.
2. Patrick Simondac – Better known as PatrickStarrr on YouTube, this talented makeup artist has recently hit 1 million subscribers and he often spreads a positive message that makeup is for everyone, regardless of gender. Aside from his undeniable skills, he channels such a great personality and often encourages others to live authentic lives.
3. Manny Gutierrez – This familiar face has been in the industry for many years and he also recently launched a gorgeous eyeshadow palette with Makeup Geek, which has been making rounds on the Internet. His makeup tutorials aren’t only fun to watch; they’re also informative as he often talks about his techniques and offers handy beauty tips.
4. Marc Zapanta – Better known as The Prince of Vanity who uploads videos from his bedroom, Filipino Marc Zapanta has accomplished insane makeup transformations with his mad makeup skills and he’s even got the chance to flaunt his prowess in front of RuPaul last year. He’s lived in England for 10 years now, and his British accent is to die for!
5. Angel Merino – Merino is one of the biggest names in the beauty industry and throughout his career as a celebrity makeup artist, he’s worked with famous people Christina Milian, Ariana Grande, Chanel Iman, Fifth Harmony and more. On top of his work on YouTube, you can follow him on Instagram to check out his perpetually flawless face.
Keep slayin, boys! 😉