When I think of Shiseido, I usually think of fancy and complex formulas, luxurious bottles of serum and less than humble price tags – not exactly suitable for the struggling Millennial’s bank account. Fortunately, Shiseido’s unveiled a new line of skincare basics that we’d finally be able to afford.
Shiseido’s WASO range is drenched in authentic, Japanese heritage. It originates from a combination of two words, “WA” meaning a Japanese sense of peaceful, harmony, and “SO” meaning inspiration, idea and thought. WASO’s 7 new products are formulated with active components of natural ingredients like antibacterial honey and oil-balancing loquat leaves wrapped in a muted colour palette.
1. Shiseido WASO, Clear Mega-Hydrating Cream, RM160 – Formulated with the rich nutrients of carrots, this pure and clear cream hydrates, nourishes, plumps and softens skin from the get-go. Apply two pearl-sized drops at the end of your routine, or even over makeup!
2. Shiseido WASO, Color-Smart Day Moisturiser SPF 30, RM150 – Suitable for combination skin, this tinted moisturiser contains a colour changing powder to enhance your natural skintone and peony root extract to prevent visible pores and soften skin.
3. Shiseido WASO, Color-Smart Day Moisturiser Oil-Free SPF 30, RM150 – Formulated with essence of loquat, this tinted moisturiser contains a mattifying emulsion with sun protection and a tint that changes colour to suit your natural skintone.
4. Shiseido WASO, Quick Matte Moisturiser Oil-Free, RM150 – If your concern is oily skin, this moisturiser was curated just for you – this oil-free and oil-balancing gel formula that smooths, hydrates and mattifies skin. Just pump the bottle twice, dispense the product onto cotton pad or your palms and smooth gently over skin.
5. Shiseido WASO, Soft+Cushy Polisher, RM120 – ICYMI, tofu is great for refreshing and smoothing skin. This skin-refining exfoliating polisher with plant-based cellulose granules is a whipped in a tofu-like formula. It works like an exfoliator and gently reveals fresh-looking skin after.
6. Shiseido WASO, Quick Gentle Cleanser, RM105 – Honey, an ancient treatment known for
its antibacterial powers, is valued as a health and beauty food in Japan. Which is why we’re thrilled that the Quick Gentle Cleanser was formulated with honey and cleanses your face without stripping off all the good stuff. It also foams up without mater to remove impurities and makeup, leaving you with soft baby skin.
7. Shiseido WASO, Fresh Jelly Lotion, RM120 – White jelly mushroom is known to give skin a boost of ultra-hydration. This formula instantly transforms from gel to lotion on skin, providing you with long-lasting moisture sans the sticky sensation.
Shiseido’s WASO skincare line lands in stores this August. Access here for more on Shiseido.
LIPSTIQ participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
© 2020 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.