Best Beauty & Style: The Stars Who Slayed The Oscars 2017 Red Carpet
When the stars bring their slay game, it's a sparkling day for the red carpet.
The film industry’s biggest night of the year is here and we’ve already been dazzled by the brightest stars on the Oscars 2017 red carpet! From old Hollywood Glam to a touch of edge, #LipstiqPicks the best looks in terms of style and beauty for your viewing pleasure:
1. Emma Stone – The La La Land actress is all decked out in gold and old Hollywood vibes with this beaded golden dress with tiered tassels from Givenchy’s couture collection. It’s also one of the last Givenchy designs that Ricardo Tisci helmed before stepping down as creative director. In the spirit of La La Land’s semi retro theme, Emma Stone brings back the flapper girl, complete with ’20s style waved curls, gold accessories (to match her glimmering eyeshadow) and crimson lips to finish her bathed in gold look.
2. Nicole Kidman – Nicole Kidman proves that she’s always the golden girl in this stunning Armani Prive number. The sleek column dress features mandala-inspired bead-work that leaves a touch of whimsy in an otherwise classic cut dress, giving a nod to Kidman’s role in Lion. Her look is kept classically elegant and understated with her hair sleekly done up and a bright scarlet lippie to add a touch of drama to the ensemble.
3. Janelle Monae – The singer and actress of the film Hidden Figures slayed her Oscar’s 2017 red carpet debut in this Victorian-inspired Elie Saab Couture dress that brings all the drama with textures and a clash of the future and the past. Janelle’s look is further dazzled with accessories from Forevermark Diamonds while keeping her makeup classic with a nude cut crease on the eyes and nude semi-glossy lips.
4. Chrissy Teigen – Everyone’s favourite Twitter queen makes glittering champagne entrance on the red carpet with this dreamy Zuhair Murad dress. Staying true to Chrissy’s love for all things extra, her dress features bursts of beads on the top, a super-high slit and drapes of fabric that floats after her like the goddess she is. Chrissy’s smouldering bronze look is further finished with some dangling earrings an up do to keep the drama on the dress.
5. Octavia Spencer – Octavia Spencer is out to dazzle us away in this dove grey dream of a feathered gown! The star paired her gorgeous Marchesa gown with jewels from Forevermark Diamonds. Spencer kept her makeup look effortlessly elegant, complementing the dress’s style accents with a metallic lippie.
6. Taraji P. Henson – Taraji Henson stepped on the red carpet looking absolutely stunning in this velvet Alberta Ferretti gown that hugged her figure perfectly, paired with a tiered diamond necklace to up the glam factor. The off-shoulder cut and ultra-high slit of this Alberta Ferretti number is sort of an unintentional nod to Angelina Jolie’s infamous red carpet moments. But we appreciate Taraji looking pretty in navy, nonetheless.
7. Viola Davis – Viola Davis looked like an absolute goddess in this vibrant Armani Prive number. The way the sleeves casually drape over her shoulders like a Greek goddess but thankfully, she didn’t buy into the overrated Greek Goddess look too literally by leaving a touch of edge in its cherry red colour and sleek hairdo.
8. Naomie Harris – As we all are aware, floor length gowns are just the way things are played at the Oscar’s. But Naomie Harris proves that bending the rules here and there goes a long way…or high-low way. It’s also important to note that this elegant white beaded piece marks an important moment in fashion history – it’s the first red carpet moment from Calvin Klein at the Oscar’s.
9. Dakota Johnson – Who needs an Oscar when you can look like an Oscar, right? OK, wrong. That’s the whole point of the Oscar’s anyway. But here is Dakota Johnson looking like a winner clad in Gucci and some jewels from Cartier that apparently came “from a museum,” as Johnson puts it to Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet. Johnson kept her makeup minimal with rose gold eyes and nude lips and heavy mascara to add depth to her aqua eyes.
10. Emma Roberts – Emma Roberts is the epitome of Old Hollywood Glam in this Vintage Armani dress. The Scream Queens star looked stunningly ravishing with her newly coloured hair that is a nod to Emma Stone’s gorgeous locks. Her tresses was also styled to fit the Old Hollywood theme of her plunging black and white dress, topped off with a rich scarlet lippie that’s sure to turn heads.