8 Of The Best Brunch Meals For Lazy Weekends In Klang Valley
What's the weekend without great brunch?
There’s a plethora of brunch spots in KL for weekenders and weekday leisure-heads alike. As you get spoilt for choice when it comes to brunch options, we’re here to highlight the best 6 that’s sure to rock your boat one of these weekends:
1. Yellow Brick Road – There’s something charming about the atmosphere at Yellow Brick Road that always has us longing for more. The cheerful demeanor of servers as well as the gorgeous interior would have you feeling like you’re on the set of Kinfolk magazine (or even Oz!). But one thing’s for sure, everyone comes back for the food. Our favourite is the Eggs Norwegian V2.0 (RM27), featuring poached eggs and salmon on a cornflakes crusted french toast (this is heaven, honestly) or The Big Breakfast Bash(RM30) to cure a nasty hangover.
Yellow Brick Road is located at 8-7, Jalan Batai, Damansara Heights. Call 03-28560903 or visit Yellow Brick Road’s Instagram page for more information.
2. Huckleberry Food & Fare – The lovely people at Huckleberry Food & Fare went all out in making the establishment feel like a piece of everyone’s childhood, and most importantly, home. With a quote from Mark Twain scribbled on the wall, Huckleberry sticks to this sentiment that we all can relate to – “There ain’t nothing in the world so good when it’s cooked right.” Our favourite here besides the super fresh breads and pastries is the Chilli Cheese Toast (Rm13.90) – a great way to start the morning with some eggs and spice.
Huckleberry Food & Fare is located at 2G & 4G, Jln Medan Setia 2, Plaza Damansara. Follow Huckleberry Food & Fare on Instagram for more.
3. Second Sunday – Second Sunday is home to one of our favourite pancakes on the planet, the Local Pankek. Located in the vicinity of Damansara Jaya, Second Sunday serves up one of the best coffees in the area, and trust us when we say that the Local Pankek (a concoction of pandan and coconut pancake with caramelised bananas, gula melaka syrup and coconut ice cream) is only done right here.
Second Sunday is located at 31, Jalan SS 22/19, Ss 22, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Call +60 3-6731 1526 for more information or like them on Facebook.
4. Breakfast Thieves – Hailing from Melbourne, Australia, Breakfast Thieves KL is the brainchild of Malaysian Brandon Chin, Kevin Foo and Edwin Koh. After being listed as one of Melbourne’s top 5 cafes, the brand has rapidly made a name for itself in KL, judging by the amount of people lining up for a great brunch every morning. Upon a visit here, you’d notice that the Mr. Terry Benedict (RM29) is on every table. How can it not be? It comes with tender chunks of 24-hours braised beef cheeks, charred cauliflowers, crisp palatas and poached eggs – the combo is just out of this world.
Breakfast Thieves is located at Lot M, 29-5 Jalan Riong, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur. Access here for more on Breakfast Thieves.
5. Common Man Coffee Roasters – CMCR KL originally hailed from Singapore but launched not too long ago in TTDI’s Plaza Vads and have since gained quite the following. Featuring exceptionally great coffee and an all day brunch menu, CMCR KL is definitely becoming a neighbourhood favourite. Come here for the Fluffy Brioche French Toast (RM27) that comes with a gorgeous serving of berries compote, maple syrup and premium vanilla ice cream. It will blow you away.
Common Man Coffee Roasters is located at A-G-1 New Podium, Plaza Vads No.1 Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad. 60000 KL. Access here for more on CMCR KL.
6. Rubberduck – For something a little healthy after a weekend of indulgence, we love heading to Rubberduck for a smoothie bowl. Priced at RM18, these nutritious and filling smoothie bowls come in 3 flavours – Sunshine (with banana, mango, granola and flaxseeds), Berry (with fresh fruit, granola, Hawaiian coconut flakes and flaxseeds) and Avokiwi (with avocado, kiwi, banana, chia seeds and granola).
Rubberduck is located at 60 Jalan Sri Hartamas 1, Plaza Damas, Lot K-0-8B (Ground Floor), Dorchester Service Apartment, 50480 Kuala Lumpur. Follow Rubberduck on Instagram for more.
7. Merchant’s Lane – Merchant’s Lane cafe used to be a brothel in Petaling Street. Today, it serves great coffee, food and a gorgeous backdrop for Instagram photos. We love coming here for the pandan roti jala with melted cheese served with their signature kaya toast flavoured ice cream and a drizzle of gula melaka syrup – aptly named Better Than Sex, this definitely hits all the right spots, every time.
Merchant’s Lane is located at 150, Jalan Petaling, City Centre, 50000 Kuala Lumpur. Follow Merchant’s Lane on Instagram for more updates.
Specialty French Toast – Although its been with us since the first day and still stand strong as one of the favourite dish in Metal Box hence we think its nice to give it a little touch up in this 2017. Feel free to give it a try and comment as well #New #Addicted #Caffeine #MetalBox #MetalBoxCafe #MetalBoxRestaurant #DamansaraPerdana #EmpireDamansara #Malaysia #KLCafe #Cafehopping #InstaDaily #LoveCoffee #Coffee #Food #Drinks #Delicious #VisitUs #Brunch #Lunch #CoffeeBean #TryThis #awesome #brunch
8. Metal Box Restaurant & Cafe – The chef, Ryan Cheah, of Metal Box Restaurant & Cafe used to be the revolutionary mind behind The Red Beanbag at Publika’s menu. His methods of combining traditional brunch meals with a twist continues with the quaint Metal Box Restaurant & Cafe. Head over here for something nostalgic – the Specialty French Toast is covered with Nestum, pan seared til golden brown and served with a side of berry coulis, roasted pistachio and a shot of gula melaka syrup – the only way you’ll be having french toasts from now on.
Metal Box Restaurant & Cafe is located at G12 Empire Damansara Jalan PJU 8/8 47820 Damansara Perdana. Follow Metal Box on Instagram for more updates.