It’s almost a whopping 40 degrees outside and as the sun beats down on the pavement, you’re gonna need some sunnies to make your way through the heat. This season, sunnies are big on taste and personality. Whether you’re feeling the heat like you’re an Italian Queen ala Dolce & Gabbana or keeping it glittery like Elie Saab, it’s time for you to throw caution to the wind try any of these 8 pairs today.
1. Givenchy Bridges by Riccardo Tisci – Designed by former Creative Director Riccardo Tisci, the Givenchy Bridges is Tisci’s trubute to the Parisian House of Couture. Available in 5 colours, the unisex model features a metallic structure with a bold rubber over-injection.
2. Metal round sunnies, Mambo Collection by Dolce & Gabbana – We’ve been seeing a wave of vibrantly gorgeous pieces from Dolce & Gabbana as of late. The inspiration of the Mambo sunglasses pays tribute to exuberant style, to luminous, vivid colours and to music. The limited edition sunnies features a metal frame adorned with gold-coloured beads, while the profile of the lenses is embellished with 32 diamond-cut Swarovski crystals.
3. Jaxon in Gold by Kaca Kaca – Kaca Kaca is a brand that’s already making waves on the local eyewear scene. With an affordable price range, the brand makes their stylish and statement making pieces affordable for all. We’re fans of the acetate Jaxon in Gold to beach bum in.
4. Cat-eye acetate sunnies, Mambo Collection by Dolce & Gabbana – Also from the Mambo Collection, the cat-eye acetate sunnies is bringing the ’50s back with Sicilian vibes. The acetate optical model has slim metal temples edged with gold beads and embellished with Swarovski crystals.
5. Aviator sunnies in gold Havana pink by Gigi Hadid x Tommy Hilfiger – Aviators are always in season. Tommy Hilfiger takes it up a notch with these rose gold metal frame and tortoise acetate sunnies that are part of an exclusive collection designed by Gigi Hadid.
6. 3D printed round sunnies OXYDO – As far as most unconventional eyewear goes, OXYDO’s original designs are priced a lot less than the others. The Italian brand’s style aesthetic integrates multiple materials and textures, like the 3D printed round metal sunnies that’s perfect for the creative city dweller.
7. Diamant by Elie Saab – Elie Saab announced their first Eyewear Collection for Spring/Summer 2017 with a collection of sunnies that celebrates luxurious modern femininity. Echoing the most exquisite Elie Saab creations, these metal sunglasses are embellished with an intricate net of Swarovski crystals in different sizes, inspired by the gorgeous embroideries that adorn the Haute Couture pieces.
8. Metal Twist by Marc Jacobs – With a rope texture in the form of a metal twist inspired by the Marc Jacobs jewelry collection, these marble like sunnies feature a twisted metal bar that lines the upper side of this soft square shaped frame and extends midway along the temple, providing an elegant touch.