6 Alternative Cardio Classes In KL To Amp Up Your Workouts
Get out of your fitness funk today.
We get it – everyone wants a bomb body, but nobody wants to put in the work. Sure, a quick 5 km on the treadmill sounds doable…until you find yourself on the treadmill, bored and dreading your last 3 kms. If this sounds all too familiar, it’s about time for you to consider other options.
These 6 alternative cardio classes are sure to take you out of your fitness funk today:
View this post on Instagram
Ever wanted to try boxing but been to scared or intimidated by the 'kill or be killed mentality'? Well then STRIKE is the perfect class for you! We bring the fun to boxing, we bring the night club feel to the studio – we bring you the ultimate full body workout. Strikers will get a blend of old school boxing and martial arts movements in a high intensity group atmosphere. STRIKE classes run multiple times per day at Fire Plaza Mont Kiara. To book your first class for RM30, head on over to www.firestation.fit. . . #strike #lifeonfire #fire #fitness #fitfam #rockstars #boxing #igmy #instadaily #knockout
1. Firestation Fit – Firestation Fit believes in the transformative power of working out when it comes to re-energising every aspect of one’s life. We’re fans of STRIKE – a dynamic blend of old school boxing and martial arts movement. The class takes all the tired and true fitness training techniques sans the egoistic vibes. Find yourself putting more power in every punch as time passes in the fight club-meets-night club class.
Firestation Fit, 8, Jalan Batai, Bukit Damansara, Kuala Lumpur.
2. Flycycle – I absolutely hate running and the great outdoors. Which is why I feel like Flycycle is absolutely perfect for someone like me. Flycycle Malaysia takes indoor-spinning to the next level by combining 45 minutes full-body workouts, neon lights and the hottest beats. Each session is specially designed to strengthen the body, tone the core and burn calories.
Flycycle, L06-01A, 5, Jalan Kiara, Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
3. KOA Fitness – In Hawaiian Creole, “Koa” means warrior – and that’s just the kind of positivity we need in our lives. KOA Fitness is a female-only gym that aims to instill confidence and courage by empowering women through fitness. The ‘Lean and Mean’ class is a must try if you’re looking to jump-start your metabolism and burn twice as much calories than you would with traditional cardio.
KOA Fitness, B-G-07, Gateway Kiaramas Corporate Suites, No. 1, Jalan Desa Kiara, Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
4. HIIT2Fit – Founded by two national athletes, HIIT2Fit aims to make fitness everyone’s lifestyle. Their signature high energy Lean (indoor cycling) and Mean (HIIT circuit training) classes combine the benefits of high performance training and live heart rate tracking into a fun group-based workout suitable for all fitness levels.
HIIT2Fit, A4-UG Publika 1, 1-08, Jalan Dutamas 1, Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur.
View this post on Instagram
Xtend Barre Fundamentals on Tuesday, 7pm, will be covered by Farahana @farstiptoes while Michelle is away. As a former National gymnast, her classes are bound to be high energy. Great for sculpting and toning ! Her regular classes are every Sunday at 2pm. Meet you at the barre.
5. Xtend Barre, Urban Spring – Xtend Barre is a premier ballet workout that combines the elegance of ballet, the grit of a high intensity training and Pilates in creating an adrenaline pumping workout that lengthens, strengthens the body. Even if you’re not a dancer, you’d be surprised at how strong and elegant you’d feel with the basic Xtend Barre moves.
Urban Spring, 57-1, Jalan Bangkung, Taman Bandaraya, Bukit Bandaraya, Kuala Lumpur.
6. CrossFit Vidatha – Cross Fit is a work out technique that focuses on form, variation, intensity, and a whole lot of movement in a short period of time – perfect for when you feel like your work out progress is at a plateau. CrossFit Vidatha can get pretty intense with their workouts, but it’s for a good cause! If you’re feeling like doing something that really feels effective, sign up for the On Ramp program – an intro to the intense world of cross fit.
CrossFit Vidatha, A1-UG1-06, Solaris Dutamas, No 1, Jalan Dutamas 1, Kuala Lumpur.