15 Stars Who Slayed In Black At The Golden Globes 2018 For Time’s Up
For 2018, the most-watched awards show – Golden Globes – of the year was extraordinary for a very important reason.
To support a newly formed organisation and movement – Time’s Up – that defends women against sexual assault, harassment and inequality, fashion and activism came together to make a bold statement on the red carpet in black.
A majority of the Hollywood power players united as one in show-stopping black ensembles to prove a powerful point and the impact of that moment of solidarity was evident.
In light of the persisting sexual harassment allegations involving some of the most powerful men in Hollywood including Harvey Weinstein, women are feeling more than empowered to tell their #MeToo stories and the numbers are startling.
Here are 15 stars that shined the brightest in black for the cause:
1. Jessica Biel – Fit for a queen, Biel’s black Dior Couture gown was offset with nude tones underneath to flaunt those intricate layers.
2. Kendall Jenner – Jaws dropped when this Kardashian sister stepped onto the red carpet in a strapless Giambattista Valli tulle gown finished with a multi-tiered, deconstructed skirt.
3. Millie Bobbie Brown – The young Stranger Things star continues on with her red carpet domination in a ruffled Calvin Klein frock.
4. Tracee Ellis Ross – Amplifying her voice with an accompanying black turban, the Black-ish actress looked glorious in her Marc Jacobs gown.
5. Gal Gadot – The Wonder Woman kept it sophisticated by paying an ode to menswear with a Tom Ford couture black gown and a cropped lapelled jacket.
6. Lily James – Ruffles galore it was for the Baby Driver star whose Valentino gown showcasing a ruffled neckline and hem smouldered on the red carpet.
7. Catherine Zeta-Jones – This British actress turned heads in her stunning Zuhair Murad sheer couture gown that really accentuated her figure.
8. Kate Hudson – Hudson’s pixie cut looked so damn good paired with her sheer Valentino gown boasting a plunging neckline.
9. Christina Hendricks – The Mad Men star’s three-part outfit comprising pants, a skirt and top surprisingly made for an eye-catching combo.
10. Angelina Jolie – Jolie brought on the heat with a dramatic black gown featuring enormous feathered bell sleeves that billowed with every move.
11. Saoirse Ronan – The Best Comedy Actress Golden Globes winner wowed in an Atelier Versace one-shoulder gown with silver accents.
12. Dakota Johnson – While her Gucci gown may look subtle from the front, it tells its own story at the back with a crystal bow and train.
13. Claire Foy – Nothing looks chicer than a classic black suit, as demonstrated by The Crown star in a Stella McCartney look.
14. Mandy Moore – Complete with a red belt for a striking pop of colour and a cape, the singer radiated superhero vibes in this Rosie Assoulin number.
15. Margot Robbie – The I, Tonya actress’ daring low-cut Gucci gown showcased a floral design emblazoned with silver sequins.