Oscars 2018: 12 Of The Fiercest Gowns On The Red Carpet
The 90th Academy Awards didn’t just break boundaries for many hardworking women in the entertainment industry. The prestigious night also saw many of Hollywood’s biggest names dress in splendour on the red carpet, and here are 12 of our favourites.
1. Jennifer Lawrence – This Red Sparrow actress is no stranger to Christian Dior, and this particular gunmetal number channels her inner warrior.
2. Taraji P. Henson – Empire star Taraji P. Henson tastefully flashed the flesh in her custom Vera Wang gown with an ultra high slit.
3. Lupita Nyong’o – It’s safe to say that the 35-year-old Black Panther actress paid ode to the Wakandan goddess she is in this shimmering Atelier Versace gown.
4. Margot Robbie – Looking glamorous in white, the I, Tonya star donned a Chanel Haute Couture gown with beaded straps draped along the neckline and arms.
5. Jennifer Garner – Wow, Ben Affleck’s ex-wife surely was a knockout as she stunned in a flattering cobalt blue Atelier Versace gown attached with a graceful cape.
6. Betty Gabriel – Looking like an ethereal princess, the Get Out star wowed in a teal Tony Ward Couture gown adorned with lilypad embellishments.
7. Gal Gadot – Inspired by the 1920s, this Wonder Woman‘s modern day Givenchy flapper gown was literally dripping in sparkles that turned heads in every direction.
8. Nicole Kidman – We’re not sure if it’s the gorgeous shade of royal blue or the exaggerated bow detail we’re more in love with, but this Armani Privé bustier gown surely stole the show.
9. Zendaya – This The Greatest Showman actress looked nothing less than a Grecian princess in this chocolate brown Giambattista Vali Haute Couture piece.
10. Sandra Bullock – Presenter and Oscar-winning actress Sandra Bullock shimmered in her custom black-and-gold Louis Vuitton high-neck halter gown.
11. Allison Williams – This stunning Armani Privé brought old Hollywood glamour onto the red carpet and looked like it belonged in a fairytale wedding.
12. Saoirse Ronan – Feminine, elegant and definitely striking, the Lady Bird star’s soft pink Calvin Klein gown was timelessly beautiful.