Remember when we used to layer the heck out of our chunky bracelets and bangles, so much so that they’d weigh a ton? Well, the art of layering is back in trend, except this time it involves a different piece of accessory – necklaces. It may seem daunting to do and we are often left wondering how the celebs seem to pull the trick off so effortlessly. Well, here are a few tricks to help you get started.
View this post on Instagram
I was feeling this look the other day 😍 makeup by: @gabyteemua & @natgranitz FACE⚡️ @makeupforeverofficial Ultra HD Stick, @girlactik Pressed Powder in Deep, @ofracosmetics Mai Tai Blush @anastasiabeverlyhills Amrezy Highlight EYES⚡️ @alamarcosmetics @gabyteemua LIPS⚡️ @maccosmetics Lip Liners in Earthtone & Butter Pecan, @buxomcosmetics Peach Daiquiri Lip Gloss Quinceañera Cubana Name Necklace: @xio_byylette
1. Begin with a simple piece – Regardless of how dainty or chunky your necklace may be, the easiest way to start is by putting on the shortest piece first, then continue with other pieces that are progressively longer as you go. Play with textures or pendant sizes and shapes.
2. Don’t be afraid to combine metals – Who says silver doesn’t go with gold or brass? The freedom is yours, and to elevate your look even more, think about the other statement-worthy accessories or clothing you are pairing with the two (or more) metals.
3. Personalise your way through – Got a precious heirloom piece that has been passed down for generations? Flaunt that or guard it with your life. Yes, it may be old-fashioned now, but you won’t know when it’ll be back in style again. Your collection will be extra unique too.
4. Avoid overthinking it – The beauty about layering necklaces is that there are no rules and you can do however you please. Wear five or 10, you’re free to decide. Also, don’t let anyone tell you that your pink bauble doesn’t go with your gold pendant. Learn to be comfortable with your style decisions.
View this post on Instagram
Today is the last day of my collection with @mejuri. I’m forever grateful for the opportunity to collaborate with a brand I wear on a daily basis and to be able to share it with you has been an amazing experience. I remember in elementary school I would make friendship bracelets at recess to give them to my friends and although I’m not tying each knot, helping create these pieces for you has been just as fun of a experience. I smile whenever I see your photos wearing them and I love knowing that they could have a place in your own collections for years to come 💕
5. Strategise for removal – It’s only going to be a tangled mess if you go and try to remove your necklaces all at once. Start slow and begin by unhooking the thicker pieces first. Already knotted? Simply reach for a safety pin and loosen those carefully.