Food & DrinkWellness

Getting Hangover Might Be A Sign That You’re Allergic To Certain Ingredients In Alcohol

Blame it on the alcohol, bb.

Having a pretty nasty hangover the morning after a big night is not unusual, as you may have had one too many vodka sodas and realise that alcohol and you aren’t really the greatest of friends. However, have you ever considered the possibility that it may be a sign that you’re allergic to alcohol?

Yes. It is possible to experience an allergic reaction to alcoholic beverages, but the alcohol itself is usually not the reason for the reaction.

It is most likely the ingredients, such as sulphur dioxide, yeast and additives that actually cause the allergic reaction and lead you to feel less than perfect.

So before you try to cure a hangover with your go-to remedies (i.e. Tom yam, curry mee and milo combo), you may want to think back and see if this kind of thing happens when you drink a certain type of alcohol.

Allergic symptoms may affect the skin, breathing and circulatory system. They may also be accompanied by a red rash, swelling to the eyes, lips, face, breathing difficulties, stomach upset, feeling dizzy or faint due to low blood pressure.

However, some side effects experienced could be a sign that you’re just sensitive to particular ingredients within alcohol rather than having an actual allergy.

[Source]

Your Comments

Nadee Mode
An eccentric individual. Loves art, good music and witty comments. Connect with her: